Greg, I've always wondered about the wet v. dry deal. I've had some people I trust tell me what you said above, and others say that basically once you open the bottle you start taking on water and unless you are flushing every weekend you really should pay more attention to the wet boiling point.

Not sure which is correct, although it certainly seems to me that even fluids like Motul that are notorious for soaking up the moisture can't get all that bad right way.

Here's a discussion on this from a motorcycle racing site:

http://www.sportbikesolutions.com/mo...es/brake-fluid

I'll do some more reading later. Note that the biggest advantage of SRF is that its wet boiling point is a LOT higher than the other top flight brands.

I've boiled Motul, finned drums and all! (actually my drums don't have fins, but those pesky Z cars do). I've never done so with Castrol, but the key point is the one you made above. Cooling is more important than 20 or 30 degree differences in boiling point on the fluids. Once I maximized my brake cooling efforts (nice hats with splitters on the solid rotors, moving the ducts as far in board as possible, and going to a less aggressive pad compound, I solved most of my problems. It certainly was not the fluid.