Thread: 2010 NEDiv Roundtable

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Zecca View Post
    Dear Drivers,
    It is a shame to hear so many people are unhappy with the NARRC, etc......I was at the Roundtable and it was excellent. TOO BAD the drivers did not show up to voice their opinions because we if we really need to fix something we need to voice our opinions. Too late now but I personally feel we need to build back up NARRC to make it mean something like years ago. I am happy that about 50-60% of the drivers did show up to pick up their awards and they were given out by Jeff Dahnert our President.

I have my hands full with ProIT and trying to close this NY Life deal but it would be nice to incorporate a deal for NARRC as well. Maybe we can sit down at an upcoming regional and get this thing figured out. Jerry Rigoli works very hard and Dick Patullo is incredible as well and if we work together we can get thing solved for a sold platform to work for going into the future.

Sincerely,
    Bob Zecca
    BOB - You are making my point. The reason that drivers don't show up is because wait for it.... They don't care about the politics! They look at the final schedule and choose which weekend to attend based on various factors.

You have done a good job with the Pro IT. You never intended for it to replace regionals, but guess what? Pro IT is what people wanted... Again for various reasons. Drivers voted with their wallet. No matter how much you pleaded regional attendance did not go up. Staying for the regional did not make sense for a majority of the racers as they could come and go in one day with the Pro IT.

Again I am a volunteer with NER as many others are in various regions. Until people take a step back and LISTEN to the customers one day a region is going to be in for a rude awakening I fear.
    Jeremy Billiel

I attended 15 events in the NE last season, I spent time talking to many of the drivers.
    Either at a drivers meeting, wandering the pits or small groups in the timing tower/garage at NJMP and I LISTENED.
    The current NARRC schedule, for the most part, was my proposal. I recommended drops but I'm only one vote and the discussion was always against them, as it was again this past weekend.
    If everyone feels their should be dropped events contact one of the members of the board in your region.
    Now, for something I have more control over, NERRC, take a look at our schedule, nicely spread out over the season, 13 races with 3 drops and prices that can't be beat! We are hosting 3 triple race events (what the drivers wanted) and special discounts to double dippers (what the drivers wanted).
    NHMS has opened the Coach area, sites with electric & water hook ups, a new play area for the kids and a 30 table picnic area. New restroom with 20+ showers and more coming soon!
    Do I care about what you have to say? We have scheduled 4 Club racing board meetings at upcoming race events as well.

Jerry Rigoli NER Club Racing Chairman
    Jerry
    NER South