All Wheel Drive coming to IT

Looks like I need to start searching for an R32 Golf, or get the parts to convert the bug to an RSi. Both of which should do pretty well with the VR6 and vw's all wheel drive system. Come to think of it, my neighbor's got an STS4, anybody want to build a caddy?

Back when turbo's ran in SSA, the fwd mitsubishi eclipse was way faster that the awd
eclipse. To me the awd cars would have a weight break all else being equal.

k

I submit that comparing SS lap times from yesteryear is totally invalid. IT suspension mods would allow you to dial out the issues at hand.

The FWD Eclipses were faster in Firehawk trim, too...except when it rained. Rossi used to bring one AWD Talon in the trailer along with his three FWD ones; if rained threatened he'd swap one prior to qualifying. - GA

Looks like I need to start searching for an R32 Golf, or get the parts to convert the bug to an RSi. Both of which should do pretty well with the VR6 and vw's all wheel drive system. Come to think of it, my neighbor's got an STS4, anybody want to build a caddy?

'04 R32 FTW!!! :smilie_pokal:

That would be an increadibly fun car!!!

I concur that an ITR R32 would rock. Of course if you do that you need to include the TT3.2 as well. The A4 v6 may be able to fit. They did make a handful of Passat v6 4motion stick shift cars, but I cannot imagine them getting remotely close to the weight required to be competitive. Maybe the W8 could, but 270 is above the hp level of anything else in the class. Heck the 240 of the R32 and 250 of the TT are as well, but they are probably 3400# cars stock...

236 stock hp would probably realistically knock it out of the running for ITR. The highest classes hp for ITR is 238, and that car does not have AWD.
That's OK it could probably only get close to weight if it were dinged for awd anyhow.:happy204:

What do those various VW/Audi 3.2L AWD cars weigh stock?

There's no specific cap on the horsepower in ITR guys. What would make a car too fast for the class would be if they would need to carry unreasonable amounts of ballast to make the target power-to-weight. I doubt that's the case, they probably start life pretty heavy, but that's why I'm asking.

2.5 rs

Woot!

Now if I can just have a good chassis show up in my driveway, I'll start the build! :)

VTS isnt' that tough to fill out and send in. Most of the info you need can be found on the web somewhere. I encourage anyone who has an interest to fill out a form - BMW, Audi, etc.....

FWD/AWD parity in the rain... could be pretty similar. AWD vs RWD... that's a different story. Although talent should minimize the difference.

Back