300zx Build Update

Since it's GT I suspect it's a custom odd-fire (common pin) forged crank. I don't think an even fire crank would last to ~8k rpm, there's just not enough meat between crank pins on 90* V6's. Only a 60* V6 would last at those kinds of rpms as an even fire forged crank ( I just loved how my 2.8 german capri used to rev out)

ok here are the log book photos: still need to do some suspension tuning and get some camber on all four wheels. But I plan on doing the March 19th Road Atlanta Test day.

img1783i.jpg

img1782e.jpg

img1785e.jpg

That thing looks schweeeeet!!! Are you going to bring it up to VIR for the SARRC/MARRS races this May?

Congrats. :happy204: That really is a nice-looking car. Nice to see ITR filling up with a variety of makes...Was getting a bit dull seeing mostly BMW 325s make up the fields...

Well it only took seven months, but I finally got the motor back from the builder. I finished dressing it out last weekend.

You can hardly see where we hid the super charger.....:)

newmotor3.jpg

newmotor1.jpg

Damn Tristan! You're not actually going to put that in a car and run it, are you? That thing is waaaaaaaaaaaay too pretty to actually use :D

Seriously, if it run half as good as it looks you should be in great shape. Who did the build?

Last edited:
Damn Tristan! You're not actually going to put that in a car and run it, are you? That thing is waaaaaaaaaaaay to pretty to actually use :D

Seriously, if it run half as good as it looks you should be in great shape. Who did the build?

It's a little blingly.......

Local engine builder named Don Dixon. I have been happy with his work in the past, but he took far too long to get this one built and it has delayed the start of my racing season. So I am not happy about that.

It's a little blingly.......

I wasn't thinking blingy at all, more like that is something you would expect to see under the cowl of a LMP or DP car. If that much attention to detail went into the rest of the machine work you should have a really stout, reliable engine. You'll have to let us know when you make your debut. :023:

Back