Flatout Motorsports S2000 build thread...ITR

Given how much ballast you're going to have to add, why remove all of that weight that was down as low as it could go?

Not just low Josh but maybe it's needed else where to balance the car better. I'd bet there was 50# of undercoating on that car and it's small.

Given how much ballast you're going to have to add, why remove all of that weight that was down as low as it could go?

1. Pickiness - the paint will go on easier and look better with a smooth tub.
2. Flexibility in case of a future class and/or weight change.

Steve

Steve, I heard dry ice is also good. Hold it on there and they undercoating just pops off. Just don't stick your tongue on the dry ice. ;~)

Unfortunately, dry ice is not what it is cracked up to be. Liquid Nitrogen is the nuts in cold removal technique.

I use chemicals and a Dynazip for schutz removal.

Now it can be told: the car is actually a top-secret development mule for ITF(lintstones). I'm in position, making VTEC noises. Now all I need are 4 guys with thick-soled shoes to be my axles (and brakes!).

Steve

Attachments

• 05engine.jpg
    05engine.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 122
You need AJ making race car sounds of one lap of Mid Ohio.......... Who's got that video? It's a classic!!

I've been scraping glue out of the interior of my car. I figure I had to remove the rug and make it look like a real race car. Hell, been snowed in so why not?

Kerosene works great - just use a charcoal filtering mask and major ventilation. I'll have to buy more weight to add to the car :-(

So Steve - Andy send you my dyno sheets?!?!

Back