Thread: What's going on with IT and the CRB?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Butch Kummer View Post
    This weekend I talked to both Fred Clark (CRB ) and Phil Creighton (BoD). Both separately expressed the opinion this is an issue of miscommunication with the possibility of egos run amuck (on both sides) and felt a compromise was not only possible but expected. And while the ITAC/CRB issue is big within this community, the lack of a "formal response" is because they've been dealing with an even bigger issue involving manufacturer involvement in Club Racing.

I thought I did at one time, but I'm glad I don't have EITHER of their jobs.

Patience Prudence (and I do know these guys want what's best for our club)...
    I'm sorry Butch, but at some point you run the risk participating in an active repeating of untruths often enough that you're contributing to the problem. It's called "staying on message" and it's a popular strategy of those who want to divert discussion from a topic that they really don't want to engage in - or lose. You (and others) are carrying water for individuals who don't WANT to engage with the membership.

When it was just me, the problem could quite easily have been a loose cannon. When Giles left, he was in good company in that respect. But when the system is busted enough that Andy and Jake - the core of the then-current ITAC - throw up their arms? It CANNOT be dismissed the way you're characterizing.

The CRB doesn't need a mediator. It needs to quit behaving like a coffee klatch, and more like a decision-making body representing hundreds of thousands of dollars of investment by club members. If the BoD is endorsing the lousy management of the CRB, they are part of the problem.

K
    Last edited by Knestis; 02-09-2010 at 01:04 PM.