Thread: Gear Box question?

Default Gear Box question?

Congratulations to Speedsource on the Daytona Victory! I would assume Steve was there? Watched the cockpit camera and could not help but Notice the Gear Box selector operation I guess it was some type of progressive gear box? sounded like it even bliped the throtlle on down shifts? Reminded me of the Bill Sadler Special that ran at Watkins Glen (oops now you know I'm old) had a single lever mounted on the tunnel with indents marked with hand written # for each position. So where do I get one "after Annual tech" would like info from strictly a learning experience. T Weaver Winter is tooooooooooo long
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

We run the same gearbox as the Daytona Prototypes do. The trans is in the rear and is a sequential 6 speed. We have sensors that monitor every function of the box and it allows no lift upshifts and down shift speed matching. Most of the drivers usually "help" with the rev matching. Forward with the lever is up, back is down. We can pull the entire gear cluster from and access panel and regear between sessions if needed. Really trick piece. Thanks for the congratulations, it was a tough race to win.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Thumbs up Daytona Win

Great team effort on well done job.

I sure was disappointed to hear that Nick is leaving. Hotshoe, old fart, and great attitude all rolled into one - great package. Hope he finds a good ride somewhere.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)