Quote Originally Posted by mossaidis View Post
There is NO mention of being able to attach such a kit to the frame, since frame <> body.
Ah, but therein lies the rub when it comes to rules writing: while "if it doesn't say you can, then you cannot" (IIDSYCTYC, or the 'I.T. Principle'), do note that equally as important is "if it says you can then you bloody well can!" (the 'Roffe Corollary')

A complete lack of a rule means that it's not allowed; in other words, within IIDSYCTYC I don't have to write a rule that states "you can't lighten the piston rods" or "you can't move the pickup points" or you can't replace the windshield with Lexan" because it's expressly prohibited by the opening paragraphs of the ruleset. However, the very moment I write that "something is allowed"I now have the responsibility to restrict that "something" in every way possible, lest it be wide open.

In other words, the very moment you read "A front spoiler/airdam is permitted." that "something" - in this case, the front spoiler/airdam - is WIDE F*****G OPEN, subject only to subsequent restrictions. It's no different than if we started the engine mod rules with "engine modifications are allowed" and then trying to restrict them solely within the IT ruleset.

As such, you can do whatever the hell you want to with a front spoiler/airdam, as long as you meet all subsequent restrictions. This is exactly how we ended up with splitters in Improved Touring, despite they, also, not being specifically allowed. And, I do believe the product in question meets this to a "t"...

Fun, ain't it? If you want more fun, do a search for something like "Greg's recommendations to the rules writers" on this forum.

GA, racing season starts minus less than two months, and counting...