Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post

For what it is worth Earl, Jake and I were strongly in favor of the car going in B since it was clear with its curb weight it would never make its ITA weight. The CRB had a fair response to that which is it would be the biggest motor in ITA with a ton of torque.
As was I. It has always been policy to place a car in the 'fastest' possible class that it's minimum weight can actually be acheived.

So this is a perfect example of fundamental policy issues. Does the IT community think that a car like this should be weighted per the process in ITB (with accounts for actual HP gains and an additional adder for excessive torque) where it can actually make weight, even though it doesn't 'look' or 'smell' like an ITB car...

or

Put it in ITA with the 325e/eta that has the same motor at a weight that will be 1000% unobtainable.

I know that sounds incredibly bias, but I can't write it any other way because it makes zero sense to me other than the risk of putting it in ITB at Process weight is simply too much for so 'little' reward. You make the call. It really is a question that defines current departure in philosophy for me at least.