Quote Originally Posted by R2 Racing View Post
Bob told me he was thinking about doing that. They (the CR are well aware of the talk going on about this on the internet, and quite frankly kind of wish it wasn't. But, they recignize that this is 2010 and this is going to happen, no matter how much they wish it wouldn't. Just don't expect this means there's then going to be an open discussion and debate on the SCCA forum! There will not! They all also knew that by the time they got home from the convention, they were probably going to be swamped with emails/letters about this. I just said "Uhh, yeah, just a few...."
See, that's where the train falls off the tracks.

Private back channel communications and emails etc allow people to push their positions, and those can be 'customized" to make the receiving party more partial to acceptance. But public statements are read by all, and can be forwarded to any. They have to stand up. So, I am pleased that they will make a public statement.

(Although the SCCA forum isn't as 'public' as it could be, LOL. I see the logic, and it's workable)

But, without actual debate, those statements can't be vetted.

This is a situation where there are opposing viewpoints.

Debate and discussion are part of the transparency that is being called for in, I bet, every letter they get on the subject.