Thread: ITAC changes. Chairman resigns.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

As I've said elsewhere and will continue to say, IT ain't dead yet.
    Its fine right now. Much improved over the last few years. Some overdogs have been fixed and some cars that weren't being raced because their classifications were just plain wrong (Neons, Civics, etc) have been corrected. If anything, IT currently is better than it ever has been.
    The problem is that my opinion is that the reason it is so good right now is because of what the ITAC has been doing, and that seems to be changing. This is where things start to get unfortunate.

But as an IT driver it'd be a very bad idea to toss the baby out with the bath water right now and start speaking of things like defections and protests. That will potentially hurt your own car counts and competitiveness. It's shooting yourself in the foot.
    Write letters and talk to your CRB and BoD members instead. Let them know, in no uncertain terms, how you feel.

You guys are the boss. Remind them about that.

One thing that has really stood out to me over the past couple of days is how much you guys, the general IT public (at least a sample of it), understood what the ITAC has been doing. That wasn't a mistake, as being open and honest about what we were doing was something most of us embraced and pushed, and I think I speak for more than myself when I say this philosophical crossroad is the catalyst behind the recent resignations.
    Some folks just don't seem to understand this. I'm not sure why.

Thanks for the kind words. All I can say is "We tried."
    Sometimes the dog is stubborn and doesn't care about those new tricks.
    Last edited by Catch22; 01-29-2010 at 12:31 AM.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX