Thread: Feb Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I'm curious, what power factor (25% or 30%) was used when the Corolla FX16 was moved to ITB? It has the same 4A-GE motor that the AW11 MR2 and the AE86 Corolla have.

I'm pretty sure it was done at 30% in error too. There are some who believe all 16v motors should be at 30% by default, apparently regardless of what the dyno sheets say.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Miller View Post
    I'm curious, what power factor (25% or 30%) was used when the Corolla FX16 was moved to ITB? It has the same 4A-GE motor that the AW11 MR2 and the AE86 Corolla have.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

yea, as far as I'm concerned, take the request, punch the numbers, recommend the outcome. Then the CRB does what they will with it.

It's not for me to say, but I imagine they wouldn't be thrilled with that recommendation. From the ITACs point of view, it then becomes a question of political capital. The CRB has shown an "end result" point of view...does 25 pounds matter on the track??

The ITAC looks more at the process and being consistent and letting the chips fall where they may. If they fall way out of line, it's time to examine the process, and figure out what's going awry., and if needed, adjust the process as the analysis shows.

But that's, I think, a difference in the bodies philosophy.

So yea, submit it, but....
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

25# is a tenth of a second on a 16 sec. lap with our minstock.
    It does matter enough to bitch when the racing gets close. Ask any front running SM guy , what his car weighs after the race. Mine is 6# over, If it is 8#, I made a mistake. MM
    Mike Ogren , FWDracingguide.com, 352.4288.983 ,http://www.ogren-engineering.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flyinglizard View Post
    25# is a tenth of a second on a 16 sec. lap with our minstock.
    It does matter enough to bitch when the racing gets close. Ask any front running SM guy , what his car weighs after the race. Mine is 6# over, If it is 8#, I made a mistake. MM
    I am NOT bitching... I have asked why is there a discrepancy and if it's not justified to simply correct it. It might mean that the CRB/ITAC increases the Civic EX weight by 25. I can care less which may they go.

The lot of you should be looking for other discrepencies, justifity your reasons and submit them to the ITAC/CRB for review. This is how the process works and they only way it will change - small steps in "corrective evolution".
    Demetrius Mossaidis aka 'Mickey' #12 ITA NESCCA
    '92 Honda Civic Si
    STFU and "Then write a letter. www.crbscca.com"
    2013 ITA NARRC Champion and I have not raced since.