Quote Originally Posted by Andy Bettencourt View Post
Correction: It LOOKED LIKE it was classed 'ok' because ITA wasn't yet popular enough to have the likes of Mechanic Shop North, Kessler Engineering, SBMS and Flatout building high budget machines.
If any of those cars were classed then, then I stand corrected. From my memory when the newer cars were classed and those very good teams built those cars the class changed and a new class was born that replaced the old ITA (the one that even saw RX-7's near the front!). It really doesn't matter but I don't think you can blame the CRB that originally classed the MR2, they did a better job than the current ITAC or CRB has done with the car/class.

The current CRB and ITAC needs to stop playing the political crap by blaming things on past memebers, you are the current members class the cars right and forget about the past.

Honestly I hope that in 3 - 5 years SCCA will have things figured out and/or another option opens up in the Northeast. Until then I will try not to get sucked back in and just have fun racing and going back to the days when it was just fun being out on the track!

Raymond "bye Coco" Blethen