Thread: Feb Fastrack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Kirk, you are right about one thing -- the technical aspects of this should be discussed in public. I changed my post above, based solely on yours. I realzed you were right.

But, and I wish we were talking face to face over this, I really wish you had stayed on the ITAC. I know you have a lot of years of frustration with the SCCA, and that builds over time. I've been there. Committee work does that.

But I am now convinced that there was a lot of miscommunication and just misunderstanding that led to the dust up between the ITAC and the CRB last year. I think the situation is very fixable, and I think you could have been a big part of the fix.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Dammit Evan....now I'm going to have to build a motor and loose the weight just to see which is faster:026::026::026: Chuck
    Chuck Baader
    White EP BMW M-Techniq
    I may grow older, but I refuse to grow up!

The ITCS is very clear that the weights of the cars are not to be changed except under very strict circumstances. Jake's post (now deleted) seemed to say that the 'error' corrections wouldn't apply except for 'recently' classed cars. So the ITAC chose not to run every car through the process the first time (which wasn't legal either), and now they're fixing errors? I've seen a lot of weights changed, and none of it complies with the rules in my opinion.

At least before the 'process' no one was pretending that this system wasn't political. Back to business as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    The ITCS is very clear that the weights of the cars are not to be changed except under very strict circumstances.
    The ITCS reads:
    "Entrants shall not be guaranteed the competitiveness of any car,
    and competition adjustments, other than as outlined in section 9.1.3.C,
    are not allowed."

"On rare occasion—and only after careful review of the actual racing
    performance of a particular make/model/year of vehicle—the Club may
    reclassify a vehicle, revise a vehicle’s minimum allowable weight, and/or
    in the most extreme situation an intake restrictor may be required. Such
    an action shall be taken solely for the purpose of restoring equity within
    the vehicle’s class.
    "
    Does the GCR mean rare (unique) such as the Tuskunga Event, or rare in the case of six toed cats? It simply says on rare occasions, and after reviewing a few things, then the weight may be revised and/or a vehicle reclassified. Rare is sort of subjective to the eye of the beholder isn't it?

Now that bold italic part might be a problem since that spells out only for equity purposes. Doh.
    Last edited by Ron Earp; 01-22-2010 at 03:22 PM.

This is a problem. The weight change wording in the ITCS is clear, but doesn't match up with what is being done in real life.

The CRB has pointed us to a procedures manual that allows errors and omissions weight corrections, but that is not in the ITCS and it should be.

While I think fixing weights on cars via the process is "right," I agre with Grafton it is technically "wrong" per the ITCS. Something needs to be fixed, or at least openly published.

Quote Originally Posted by GKR_17 View Post
    The ITCS is very clear that the weights of the cars are not to be changed except under very strict circumstances. Jake's post (now deleted) seemed to say that the 'error' corrections wouldn't apply except for 'recently' classed cars. So the ITAC chose not to run every car through the process the first time (which wasn't legal either), and now they're fixing errors? I've seen a lot of weights changed, and none of it complies with the rules in my opinion.

At least before the 'process' no one was pretending that this system wasn't political. Back to business as usual.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8