Thread: January Fastrack

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by seckerich View Post
    My wife and I bought each other a Hans for Christmas so this Fastrack is no big deal. Made a decision after some of the recent accidents that took our friends lives that we were not racing again without doing all we could to enhance our safety program. Right side net, full fire system in every car (after Daytona fire), and redesign of seat mounting.

I would hate to see the BOD of our club make any other decision based on where we are today. Most sanctioning badies and even clubs that have racing programs are requiring the same thing SCCA is now implementing. They have neither the background or knowledge as elected representitives to go on their own and risk the assets of the club in general to appease the Anti-SFI/Hans crowd. I lost a hell of a lot more investment in RR shocks than you are on your Isaac and they didn't do a thing to save lives.
    What upsets me though, Steve, is that I researched all of the options and bought the Isaac because it offered both better performance (based on sled tests) and features that I thought made it qualitatively more likely to keep me safe than other options on the market. I'm now being told that I can't use a system that is demonstrably superior in terms of actual impact performance, because the manufacturer isn't a member of a trade organization promoting its self-interests.

That's just not right.

K

EDIT - To be clear, I don't give much of a damn about the $350/year I have to set aside to pay for this decision. That is NOT what this is about.
    Last edited by Knestis; 12-23-2009 at 10:42 PM.