Thread: ITR Mustang

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

The Quantum pieces only have a connection for a single tube to the rotor. So nothing for the caliper. I've known that it's critical to cool the binders as well. But let me ask, how might this be done given space limitations inside the wheel? I'm not that well-versed in brake cooling setups.

You raise an interesting point, that the real problem with caliper splay may be more a function of material weakness under load, and not really a question of heat.

My car was built in May, 1999. I put the month because there apparently are some differences, I don't know what, between early '99s and Mustangs manufactured later that year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
    Yep, I meant vented.

So there is no duct to the caliper itself? If not you'll need to correct that.

I'm actually concerned that the caliper lacks the mechanical strength to handle repetitive braking forces that may not be heat related at all. But, with a modern OEM design and all the liability a manufacturer is burdened with I find that a bit hard to believe. I bet it'll be possible to figure out a solution for the problem.
    Last edited by RedMisted; 12-22-2009 at 02:25 PM.
    Chris
    #91 ITR Mustang
    1st place-2008 Great Lakes Division Championship Series
    1st place-2009 Kryderacing Series