Quote Originally Posted by JLawton View Post
...you don't want to spend that 30 minutes trying to find your CD and a computer, write it up then find the steward to submit it.....
When I read that I was laughing while picturing Jeff frantically looking for his hardcopy, fumbling in his truck through half a dozen plastic parts tubs, all buried under tires (old and new), toolboxes, other "spare parts", ice coolers, half-eaten Whoppers, and poorly-ventilated driving driver's suit parts...

'Course, we can all go back to "the way it used to be" where they weren't sent to us, we had to buy all of these books. Yes, as I recall we even had to pay for a copy of the required GCR -before- they were available electronically, as well as individually buying each of the specs book (e.g., ITCS, GTCS, PCS, etc). Later in the process there was an 8x11-ish hardcopy of it all in one place, but that was only available to tech inspectors. It's only been relatively-recent that: uno, we've had everything under one cover; and dos, it's been auto-shipped to licensed drivers.

The answer is easy: put your GCR on a $3 USB flash drive in the top of your toolbox (or some other convenient location in your "stuff"). If you can't find a PC or a handheld device at a race track these days within 32 microseconds, you're just not trying...and, if you really want one, you can call and buy a hardcopy at any time. - GA