Quote Originally Posted by Peter Olivola View Post
A key part of this is to be able to see at a glance how the request has progressed (or not) through the process. Posting status dates as part of the proposal would put all the steps in a single location. The request receipt and how timely it's handled are the two most frequently mentioned complaints about the process.
Peter,

I never had a problem w/ the request receipt. Usually an email from Jeremy or John would show up w/in a couple of days. I will agree w/ you on timeliness though. It would be nice to see why some things move through slower than others though. More importantly (I think), it would be nice to see which changes are generated internally rather than externally. Based on what you've described, there should never be a change to the GCR w/o a entry in the system you propose.

BTW, w/ that new CRB online request form, capturing the initial data is easy. It's also not much more work to set that database up so that it captures and supports all the other tracking information you're talking about. In fact, it's as simple as another link of the SCCA page to what pretty much amounts to a spreadsheet.