Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
'

Tom, this is exactly what I was getting at in that I think the concept is very different from the reality. This is precisely what I figured would happen in the SE.

R
Beg to differ, Ron, but it's worse than that!!!!! At the ARRC, when my wife and I went to registration, we did not have to sign the waiver, since we had hard cards. So, even at the same event, the requirements seem to be different!

Let's see, Nelson Ledges - no SCCA or Track waiver, but had to wear the track wrist band.

Mid-Ohio - did not have to sign the SCCA waiver, but had to sign the track waiver and wear a sticky dot on the hard card.

Road America for the Runoffs - did not have to sign the SCCA waiver, but had to wear a wrist band around the hard card.

Road Atlanta - ARRC - did not have to sign the SCCA waiver, but had to wear a sticky on the hard card.

I carried a hard card for USAC and the IRL for many years, and since everyone was authorized to attend every event, it really worked out well, This is the way it should be for the workers, crew, etc. I think that drivers or entrants, however need to at least show up at registration to get information any information that is particular to that event.

Maybe SCCA National should work with the tracks and get agreements from them to accept the SCCA annual waiver.

By the way, I remember a couple of years ago, at Mid-Ohio, workers had to sign not only the accident waiver form, but a TV rights form, giving the IRL permission to broadcast our pictures if we happend to get into the background of any of their broadcast shots!