Thread: please help me understand the ITB Honda issue

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

That's strategic ambiguity for ya, Bill.

In essence, the CRB let the ITAC bend the rules as long as the outcomes weren't seen as problematic to THEM. When we adjusted cars that they weren't worried about, it was fine. When we DIDN'T adjust cars because they were within the then-standard tolerances of the ITCS spec weight it was fine...

When confronted with the necessity of actually owning the decision on a weight spec that they thought mattered (the Audi), they not only didn't endorse the recommended weight, they kicked it back to the ITAC. When it looked like the ITAC was going to stick to its guns on the process in that case, the CRB went after the process itself.

A LOT of gnashing and grousing could have been avoided if the CRB had let the ITAC follow the ad hoc committee charter (making recommendations), and done its thing by simply voting for or against each recommendation put before it. Problem is, that would have made them FULLY complicit in breaking the rules, I guess... Or they could have changed the stupid language in the "no guarantee" clause.

By the way, I think it's hysterical that all of a sudden the CRB needs to "approve" the practices of the ITAC, and that a pinned-down system gets nixed. Back when the ITAC members pretty much just made shit up as they went along, they were doing it just fine...?? LOL

At the end of the day, the ONLY thing that makes any sense is that they want to be able to follow traditional competition adjustment (bleah!) practices and set weights based on on-track performance. Andy - and some people who claim to be able to see into the souls of CRB members - have said that is *not* what they intend, but it is coming. No question in my mind.

K
    Last edited by Knestis; 10-25-2009 at 05:09 PM.