STU in 2010 runoffs

xr4racer

Any IT car newer than 1985 can now go to the runoffs next year. They will not be competitive, but they can go. Many cars 1990 and newer can be converted to a full STU car and maybe be competitive.

matt

<rubbing hands together with an evil grin, thinking of the ways we could make the Runoffs look like a Caddyshack pool party...>

Hell Yeah! We could have our secret "IT" race at the Runoffs distinguished as STU:D

Put all the other classes to shame :eclipsee_steering:

Hell Yeah! We could have our secret "IT" race at the Runoffs distinguished as STU:D
And, get Bob Zecca involved to make it the final, unofficial Pro-IT series championship finale, complete with prizes for all individual unoffical STU sub-classes (e.g., STUr, STUs, STUa, STUb, STUc...)

Damn, we're good.

Bet it gets shut down last minute, though. I can only IMAGINE the reaction of the BoD member that's covertly reading this thread right now... :happy204:

I could imagine the numbers! It would be sweet. Who wouldnt want to go to the National Championship Runoffs???

I've been plotting to attend - gonna be a hoot to see dozens of IT cars show for the Pro IT errr Runoffs finale!!!!

the_charge_of_the_mongol_horde.jpg

I love the idea. But after looking at the HP field this year, I may just run my B car there. It should have been good for 6th as it sits, and would get faster if I just pulled the weight and dropped in a cam.

Greg - the way I read the rules, you prep to STU or IT specs. No mixing and matching. So be careful with the 'optimization plan'.

If this plan to show up en mass for STU were to become real, I may seriously do it though...

(<--- begins to sift through the regs, wondering if not only is his ITx car legal - it explicitly is - but if he can leverage the STU rules in such a way as to make some pretty cool horsepower mods, just for fun. Don't forget, that track is all about POWAH, BABY!!!)

Yeah, POWAH, BABY but an RX8 at 2600#, hmmm.......begins to think............

Greg - the way I read the rules, you prep to STU or IT specs. No mixing and matching. So be careful with the 'optimization plan'.
Oh, sure, I understand that. But, if there's no incentive to stay within the ITx rules (e.g., "Pro-IT" spiffs) and the car meets the minimum safety requirements for a full-up STU car, then why not go play? The car would not be competitive with a full-up STU car, but I know we can get another 30 some odd ponies for DiMinno's car with a few bolt-ons, and I can imagine there's more than a few tricks out there for the Acura GS-R engine... ;)

I love the idea. But after looking at the HP field this year, I may just run my B car there. It should have been good for 6th as it sits, and would get faster if I just pulled the weight and dropped in a cam.
My ITA car is 100% FP legal; only needs a "FP" slapped on the side of it. I'm also pretty sure that in the 30 car deep FP Runoffs race, I could've finished about 16th in my ITA car as it sits. If I were to put slicks on it, pull a little weight out of it, and put the cam in it? Well, might be interesting to see, and I think it would be a lot more fun that running against four other cars in STU. JMHO.

Back