Quote Originally Posted by StephenB View Post
It was Rick P. with his alfa in the 1990s with I think a 103.3 unless of course you all beat that this weekend

Stephen
EVERYone was in the 3s. I *Think* Dave Gran turned a 1:03.330. And IIRC, there were a couple others under 4 as well.

It was certainly a last minute, finger biting, hope for the weather gods to cooperate type of weekend. Unlike the June event, when it sprinkled and dried, sprinkled and dried, sprinkled..and I went out on dries...and it poured, I had the rains on and ready, with the car in the air ready to change to dries. And, with 3 laps to go in the group before me, I gambled and went out on Q tires, and while the first few laps were h-a-i-r-y, (1" off line and swisssh! off the course you went, just ask Jeff) I KNEW it was the right call.

An interesting race, one I wish I had had time to get the videotape running...but Dave Gran was airing up my tires on grid with under a minute to go, so...no video. . This is one race I really wish I was in an ITR car, and was in 3rd place just to watch Andy and Shane battle. Man, that must've been a fun one to watch.

I LOVE it when it rains because it shakes things up. In the A race we had guys on every tire possible: Race drys, Qualifying drys, intermediates, Hoosier wets, and Hoosier dirt stockers. Which made for wild racing. Wendell gambled on a wet setup, but it was too soft. So he cut a LF down in big bend. I was fully alongside Jeremy von Oy, who was getting held up by Wendells issues, when he came down on me at the last exit of big bend. I got on the brakes, but only could back out halfway. I took to the berm, so the contact wasn't nearly as bad as I had envisioned, no biggie at all! Jeremy came over to apologise later (Much appreciated!!), but no apology needed, one of those things. And I owe "Mad Max" an attaboy, and an apology for giving his rear bumper some love out of the left hander when I was on the throttle, and he either wasn't, or his tires were slipping. Close running, slippery track and these things happen. He was awesome in the downhill, that 240 really stuck well. And with the power he has, I couldn't get by. Oh well, it was fun trying.