Thread: LRP NARRC Runoffs

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I wasn't sure I had made the right choice the first couple of laps. Max got me on the start but knowing he was on Dirt Stockers i knew I only had to be patient......... But apparently not patient enough........... Went off in the left hander on about lap three, managed to come back and grab third. The car was SO on the edge the whole race. My butt cheeks are sore from clenching them the whole time!!

I do appreciate everyone's consideration when I came back up through the field. Everyone showed some great sportsmanship.

Shane and Andy were on fire!! Congrats to Shane. Well deserved.

And I'm VERY happy breaking into the 1:01s!!! Kessler put a hell of a set up on. I only wish it was dry for the race!!

Fun weekened!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Default press release

kessler maintained honda civic si wins narrc runoffs in ITB.
    i do appreciate somebody kickin the beehive.
    results
    rick
    nat
    richard g
    tim m
    paul c
    it started to rain again 15 min before our race. that gave me the advantage i needed.
    dave g fought me hard at first, later overheating ended his day. nat had put drys on the left side and rains on the right. as the track dried it actually worked, i think.
    too bad we did not have a qualifying race saturday. it would have been wild. its not that often that so many fast cars show up at the same time.
    it was definatly cool winning this race.
    Last edited by dazzlesa; 10-04-2009 at 08:35 AM.
    Rick Benazic
    All Star Sheet Metal inc.

ITS Honda prelude #06

Lot's of guys complaining in the pits about going out on rains and then no grip in the dry. Lou in IT7 told me he had no grip on his dirt stockers once the track started to dry and a friend in Formula VEE(they delayed the start to allow folks to switch to rains!!)ran on his new Hoosier rains and was chasing the wet line to get any kind of grip at all during their race.

Skip Barber has had a deal with the devil regarding weather for SCCA at LRP this year....LOL.

Default No Video.........

Thanks for the kind words everyone What a race huh ! I have to say that was the the most fun I have had in 12 yrs racing, not just because I got the WIN ! 32 laps of pure nose 2 tail with AB who ran an exceptional race was just AWSOME ! Andy ran clean and fast and to those who say he can not handle the presure of a tight race, that is simply not the case.....Kudos to Andy, and anyone who was there to witness it can testify.........No to the BEAT part.......My camera never turned on and I have NO video....... ! Thanks again all.....Good luck at the Glen.
    Shane "FAST" Hawthorne

Quote Originally Posted by CREX ITA 69 View Post
    No to the BEAT part.......My camera never turned on and I have NO video....... !
    WTF?? I turn the little selector to "camera" and pusha da button.... no takie movie! :confused:

Congratulations to Shane and Andy for a very entertaining and professional race. Reminded me of Tim K and John V in ITC 4 years ago. Excellent.

Also congrats to Dave Maynard for qualifying in the 59's and smoking the field in the race as well.

Big congrats on the 1-2 and thank you's to the Autotechnic guys for racing me really hard and really clean on a very changing track.

For me it was a conservative race plan; finish clean, be smooth, win the championship.

I would like to extend my sincerest appreciation to Rob Thiele for being a very formidable competitor this season. Rob you raced hard and fast and clean lap after lap after lap this year, and you took the battle right down to the wire. You made me be on my "A' game every weekend. Thanks. I'll race with you anyday!!!

I look forward to doing it one more time in NJ.

R
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion

Not sure if I missed the post but if I didn't let me be the first to say Congrats! to Andy on his NARRC Championship - Way to go Champ. Two in a row, right?

And Shane - As I mentioned on the phone, I couldn't be happier for you on this win at the NARRC - OFFS- You beat the Champ - Not an easy task - Nice one.

Load up all these "hot rods" up and come on down to NJMP for the Team DI - PRO IT and JERK, in a couple of weeks. Markie, Crazy Joe and Me are looking for a little variety.

Also, Congrats to Dr Bro and all the other NARRC Champions - Nicely done.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Quote Originally Posted by Tkczecheredflag View Post
    - Way to go Champ. Two in a row, right?
    Oh how soon we all forget.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

Here's my video. A fair amount of action considering the length of the race. Lots of sawing at the wheel to keep the back end behind me!

Good shot of Max getting hit by the Celica about 2/3 of the way through.

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6124635/15908017
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Quote Originally Posted by CREX ITA 69 View Post
    Thanks for the kind words everyone What a race huh ! I have to say that was the the most fun I have had in 12 yrs racing, not just because I got the WIN ! 32 laps of pure nose 2 tail with AB who ran an exceptional race was just AWSOME ! Andy ran clean and fast and to those who say he can not handle the presure of a tight race, that is simply not the case.....Kudos to Andy, and anyone who was there to witness it can testify.........No to the BEAT part.......My camera never turned on and I have NO video....... ! Thanks again all.....Good luck at the Glen.

Congrats Shane!
    Chris Raffaelli
    NER 24FP

Okay Doc, I understand your explanation, however it is still not legal according to the rules, and if it is a 2.5, I could determine that in about 30 seconds looking at it which I will do in jersey. It is kind of strange since the Vin# i believe for your car is a 328, which means it had a 328 engine when you purchased the car. I am pretty sure I know where that car came from. So again I may be wrong, and I dont really care about your car. The entire point was Dave's car is too fast and I know for a fact he had non legal parts. So you should not defend someone when you dont have all the facts. He may not have those parts anymore, but like I said his car was very slow after his old motor blew up and now fast again,he claims no change. Thats all, lets go with that.

Quote Originally Posted by hondaman321 View Post
    Okay Doc, I understand your explanation, however it is still not legal according to the rules, and if it is a 2.5, I could determine that in about 30 seconds looking at it which I will do in jersey. It is kind of strange since the Vin# i believe for your car is a 328, which means it had a 328 engine when you purchased the car. I am pretty sure I know where that car came from. So again I may be wrong, and I dont really care about your car. The entire point was Dave's car is too fast and I know for a fact he had non legal parts. So you should not defend someone when you dont have all the facts. He may not have those parts anymore, but like I said his car was very slow after his old motor blew up and now fast again,he claims no change. Thats all, lets go with that.

As I said Hondaman I'll change the logbook declaration this weekend to the 2.5 and drop the weight; the car will be legal to the letter of the law.....a real big deal right?? I don't think so.

But you stated the key sentence only a little off;

"You should not ACCUSE someone when you don't have all the facts." You've accused me and Dave and Dan.....interesting no one else though, especially when there are KNOWN illegal ITR cars floating around (not speculation...KNOWN)........I think that's disrespectful and in poor taste. Be a man, stop accusing, build a car, open your wallet and shut your mouth......see what goes into it....step up to the plate. Guys like you give the SCCA and club racing a black eye. I'm done.

R
    Last edited by Doc Bro; 10-07-2009 at 09:15 PM.
    Rob Breault
    BMW 328is #36
    2008 Driving Impressions Pro-ITA Champion
    2008 NARRC DP Champion
    2009 NARRC ITR Champion
    2009 Team DI Pro-ITR Champion