LRP NARRC Runoffs

With our luck it will be sunny outside. Bring the rain but make it obvious rain tires are the choice. Yahooo! Dirt Stockers would be nice to have. Oh well.

3-way TIE for NARRC points in ITS?

:)

Given all the ITB smack talk, that certainly will be one race to watch.

However (in order to generate more interest in the ITS race) I want to point out
that there is one possible outcome of Saturday's race that will result in a 3-way
TIE for NARRC points in ITS. Yes, it is unlikely outcome, but if I win and Brian
Bagnall comes in 6th, then the final points will be:

2425 DEDRICK, Jay
2425 BAGNALL, Brian
2425 LAWTON, Glenn

:)

We had a beautiful day today at LRP...a bit chilly but at least it was sunny and dry. Lots of fast times... here's the top 5 Qual for Group 2:

1. Bettencourt 1:00.854
2. Hawthorne 1:01.743
3. Lawton 101.934
4. Lingenheld 102.496
5. Gulick 103.669

Those are some SICK qualifying times there! :eek:
Wish we were making it down for the A race, but won't get to leave here until noon or so.
Have fun everyone!!!
(oh, and it's pouring up here right now.....:rolleyes:)

LRP Results

Reporting in from UCONN Parents Weekend.

ITA -Hawthorne passes AB for a last lap victory-waiting for details from the racers.
TK

Wet but drying track. Top 5 chose everything from Dries to intermediates, to full wets. I went 'safe' and grabbed some R888's of of one of our rental cars. When Shane and Jeff rolled up on dries, I had wished I had joined them.

Shane and I gapped the field pretty quickly and we ran nose to tail the ENTIRE race. I think I led 30 or teh 32 laps - just not the last one! He got by me a couple times but was help up in traffic in the downhill and I got back by each time. When it was my turn to get held up, he made a great pass while taking the 1 to go board. No chance for me to get him back.

Shane deserved the win as he was faster than me in a few critical spots and drove a great race. 32 laps of his car velcro'd to mine. As a pair, we lapped the entire run group.

We have the car really hooked as is evidence by the Q time. Wished I had a chance to reset the track record again...

ITA turned out to be THE race to watch. Congrats to both Shane and Andy.

Gulick in his IT7 car came in 5th in ITA, and nearly came in 4th. Hell of a run! (Rumors have it that was all because of properly set tire pressures ON grid LOL)

Rick in ITB kicked some butt out there. I'd love to know what it felt like using the dirt stockers vs. Hoosier Radial wets. I was doing absolutely everything no just to put the car off and was not happy with how it was handling. This summer I went out in full wet conditions and it felt much, much better. Don't know what was going on here. I had some challenges that I couldn't seem to overcome with an ITS car (I so wanted to hit him!!!!) Rick pulled away. Then the radio reports came in with Nat catching up. This was one of my first times having someone on a radio and it was quite helpful, although I wish Jake could have heard me. The car felt a lot slower, but maybe it was the tires getting dry? In the end I blew the motor and sat on the sidelines with just a few laps to go. Turned out a hose severed off which caused the engine to go. Not good. Actually, *%&@!!!

Nat with his Blethen (that's who I thought copyrighted it?) set-up (left wet tires; right dry tires) earned second. Nice job.

Back