Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
While I know I'll be in the minority I've always thought that IT7, SRX7, SSM were unnecessary.
Ron,

I hear you, believe me. But, I can't fault a Region for trying to generate more revenue if the drivers can put together enough cars to warrant their own class.

Interesting side note about IT7. Oh so many years ago, it was the whole IT7 concept out of the SE that got me going on why there was no consistent formula (process) for classing IT cars. The IT7 cars were built to ITA prep rules, but they were running amongst themselves. What really tweaked it for me, was that the cars were still eligible to run ITA. The IT7 cars got to run in one run group, and the ITA cars ran in another run group. I was pissed that you had one group of cars that had an easy time of double-dipping (this was long before SM was even a glimmer in anyone's eye).

I wanted to know how the IT classification process had so failed a group, that they felt they needed their own class. Luckily for the folks running ITA RX7's, they had a VERY popular car, and had the numbers to get it done. That was the start, for me, of the push for a defined process to classify IT cars, and was what got me thinking of the concept that Kirk later dubbed the 'Miller Ratio'.

Sorry for the history lesson.