Quote Originally Posted by DavidM View Post
While he has valid arguments, at some point you have to say we've done the best we can. I think we've reached that point.

That sound you hear is the vortex spinning faster. Leave IT the f alone for at least a little while.

David
LOL, that sound has been playing for years. Sometimes it sounds off key, other times it's a pretty sweet harmony. But, it will always play.

We're looking at the sensor situation, and discussing it's merits.

Regarding the intricacies of car to car abilities to take advantage of their particular carb, or their particular fuel injection setup, it's just not in the cards for IT. 350 cars over a 42 year span.

We'll never get them all balanced on the head of a pin. Not going to happen. Ever.

In my opinion, I think we'd like to apply the process to each of them*, account for their individual physical properties to a somewhat medium fine level, and, in cases where they don't fit the standard (rotaries, cars under/over rated from the factory, overachievers, etc) apply repeatable corrections based on data and evidence.

If we can do that, we'll worry about washer bottles and other such stuff, but honestly, we have enough big picture stuff in the works that washer bottles is just noise.

We want to avoid overdogs, sure, but the cream will rise. And some cars, like mine, are just not going to fit the process.

And you know what? In most of the cases, that's ok. I fully accept that my car, for example (an ITA RX-7) has had it's day in the sun, and that fighting for greater equality is putting the of the few ahead of the needs of the many. Some cars just won't be top dogs, and there's not much that can be done, short of re-orging the classes. Which would just create other issues.

*(or more exactly, each that hasn't been processed, and is in need of processing. Member requests seem to be a good method of attending to that)