Quote Originally Posted by JeffYoung View Post
Marc, how about this. I fully support and agree with Kirk's fear of setting weights by on track performance.

On the other end of the spectrum, I also agree we can't completely ignore it, nor would it be possible to (we are human, and what we see and observe matters to us).

I think Jake put it this way, and this I agree with: observed on track performance should be a trigger for us to take a harder look at a car, or what the process "spits out" for that car.

I see that as a fair balance between the two extremes. Your thoughts?
Good points Jeff. If we ever get to the point that everything is determined by the process then the ITAC is irrelevant. We could just class our own car with the process and go racing. We have class advisory boards to look at the big picture and make their best attempt at getting a level playing field. Every formula will have the oddball and that is what you guys are there to deal with. Take that away and we go back to the days of SWAG"S. You have to have the leeway to deal with them and the differeing views of the ITAC members keep you from tilting too far one way. They call that balance.