View Poll Results: I would like the IT rules to allow removal of dual purpose vestiges.

Voters
131. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

76 58.02%
  • No

55 41.98%

Thread: A Poll Regarding the IT Rules Set

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tnord View Post
    i've never opposed that effort. ...
    But THAT'S pretty damned much the ENTIRE substance of what the ITAC has done, in terms of making changes - at least in the 20 months I've been on it...!!

What "monkey" activity is it, precisely, that you want them to stop doing...??

** Standardizing how individual car spec line make/model examples with more than one stock power values are handled?

** Categorizing cars based on realistic estimates of whether resulting weights are achievable?

** Adhering to a set of default protocols to estimate IT-prep power potential, absent any compelling evidence to do otherwise; rather than guessing picking numbers based on unknown biases?

** Requiring ITAC members to go on record individually, regarding their confidence in any evidence considered within those protocols?

** Requiring a supermajority of ITAC members expressing high levels of confidence in a non-standard power factor, before subsequent steps can even proceed?

** Using a percentage subtractor for FWD rather than blocks of weight, with percentages tailored to each class based on objective computer modeling rather than members' hopes and fears?

** Limiting and specifying the number and size of adders/subtractors based on physical attributes of cars (e.g., brake size) relative to other cars in the same class, rather than allowing open-ended adjustments of any amount, based on expectations of competitiveness (e.g., "I heard they stop real good")...?

** Eliminating all other opportunities to apply subjective judgments to influence classification and specification?

** Requiring a second final up or down vote, with abstentions discouraged; and documenting that final vote?

** Eliminating the codified practice of subjectively reviewing - and allowing ITAC members to change ITCS weights - if the spec resulting from the process "is not acceptable."

** Reporting recommendations to the CRB to the closest 5 pounds, rather than "leaving it alone" if a particular car isn't found to be more than 100# off...??

Seriously - which of these existential practices is it that needs to end...?

K

EDIT - Sorry, I forgot "use all of the above in the same way in every case without question, in response to any member's request to do so." I'll bet that's the one that has everyone upset.
    Last edited by Knestis; 09-08-2009 at 10:58 PM.