Daytona Double SARRC

Thanks mark.. I wish I seen that video before getting out there... I like the boxing out teh corner approach to try to set jim up.. in the haripin. atleast it seem intentional :D

Didn't get to meet Steve in the protege this weekend, however he was all over my bumper and along side for a bit in the Saturday race.

Thanks mark.. I wish I seen that video before getting out there... I like the boxing out teh corner approach to try to set jim up.. in the haripin. atleast it seem intentional :D

Wasn't intentional. Shoulda tucked in behind him to get a better flow out of T6 to try to stay with Meno. Didn't matter anyway, Meno's car has way more power than mine and Jim's. I suspect that is pretty evident from the video.:D

WOW! Great video and that pic from one is awesome! (well other than the damage.. lol) Looks like it was a very eventfull weekend. Results up yet?

Hey Steve,

It was nice to meet you this weekend. I had a blast double dipping in ITA and SM this past weekend. Glad to see that Protege still running. I really hope Alan Burgess from the Burned 944 is doing better.

Joe Benoit
#28 SM/ITA
Good to meet you as well come over to the dark side more often.

Didn't get to meet Steve in the protege this weekend, however he was all over my bumper and along side for a bit in the Saturday race.
Yes Steve I did make a pest of myself, too bad I ran out of talent in 6 and didn't catch back up to ya'. So good to have the car back running I can't wait til next month Sebring and Daytona again :happy204:

The luck of the Irish

Marc, thanks for posting that video. How Finley didn't get pounded when he corrected his spin and came back across the track is amazing or just the luck of the Irish. That kat can drive! It doesn't appear that he had any help turning around going into the turn. And it was awesome how he caught it before hitting the inside tires and turned it back around. That Kat can drive.

What your clip doesn't show is how Mike Flynn got really sideways as he exited turn one and my initial thought, as Finley snapped around backwards on my left, was that he was effected by seeing Irish Mike's loose looking exit just ahead of him. That combined with coming into the turn hot and tight inside, if he braked just a bit extra as Mike got sideways it might have turned Finley around.

I checked up a bit due to Finley going backwards and thinking he might slide out in front of me. Otherwise I might have made up a few feet on Irish Mike. While everyone scattered around the near wreck, Irish Mike was already going through the chicane and lapping the back of the field. :D Well, almost.

R.I.P. Alan Burgess

Alan Burgess the driver who got badly burned in the Group 3 race Sunday passed away yesterday afternoon. My prayers go out to his family.

We all sit and complain about such trivial stuff and forget how dangerous our sport really is. Keep Alan and his family in your prayers.

Please take this a a wake up call to pull the pin on your fire system. Sit in your car belted in with all your gear and make sure you can see and easily discharge the system. Too many good people have died lately.

Alan Burgess

Hello Everyone,

Alan Burgess is my step father and with great sadness I have to tell you he passed away yesterday. Please pray for his wife and family and thank you for all the kind words.

Thanks,
Christine

Got my videos up after getting back to my computer finally.

720p HD video with DashWare by Chasecam for the DL1 overlay.

Started 1st, finished 2nd by 0.7 in ITA, after getting shafted by an RX-7 out of the bus stop, which was enough to not allow me to catch up. Had a faster race lap and everything. Interesting race with an incident in T1 on the first lap, lots of Rx-7s going off, and being held up by ITS/ITR cars in the turns the whole race.

Part 1 - has some good action of Turn 1 mess, and then some nice passing/side by side/me getting cut off by RX-7s

Part 2 - some Rx-7 spins, some grass cutting, man those ITR/ITS cars are slow in the turns.....

-Tom

Godspeed Alan Burgess

Tom, That's some pretty nifty driving there at Daytona.
Nice handling car. Really nice video with instrument overlay.
Very nice. Thank you for sharing that.

GodSpeed Alan Burgess ! One very fine gentleman.

Back