Here's *My* take on it. I'm not privy to the inside info Steve seems to have.

But, we've recently, as many of you know, spent a ton of time on ITAC con calls going over the Process. Certain areas were given attention with the goals to be consistent, repeatable, and transparent. "modules" of the process that were subjective are still a bit subjective, but we now have clear guidelines and a framework within which to apply the subjectivity and corrections/adjustments.

A major concern was to ensure that future ITACs would have a clear blueprint with which to operate.

Quick history. As mentioned above, in the beginning, IT was a 'second citizen" and was allowed to exist IF there were no weight changes and if it was a category that required no upkeep from the CRB.

But it got popular, and attracted a lot of racers. Who made waves, and pointed out how good it COULD be if just a few things were cleaned up, but that required a change in the original charter.

The ITAC fought for, and won that right, but the BoD was skeptical, and wanted minimal changes. So, we went through the ITCS, and hit the known issues, and the really out of whack stuff.. (The Great Realignment)

In the normal course of business, we get requests for changes, and they require some subjectivity, and sometimes actions that are outside the standard.

So, we've come up with the "Process 2.0". Same as before, now tighter, repeatable, and documented. And we want to do 'born on dating' too. (some of us, actually. A note on the ITCS spec line listing the last processed date would answer lots of racers questions)

While we were getting the house in order, requests stacked up. That flood of changes has gotten to the CRB/BoD, and they are wanting to see the actual 2.0 version. "Show us the math" so to speak, I guess. So we are presenting it to them.

At least thats what *I* think is going on. Just a standard housekeeping step that the BoD wants to do. (I guess/hope!)

As always, if you think the ITAC is on the right path, let 'em know! If we are going astray, let 'em know! It seems like now would be a good time to drop them a letter. If the BoD sees that the IT racing public is confident in their leaders, then perhaps they will be too.