Thread: Palmer Motorsports Park gains local approval

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bill when I say that Pocono and LRP will survive I mean Pocono has their NASCAR events and if SCCA went away they would still be making money. The same for LRP....Skip in his heart wants SCCA and for the future more than ever. I speak to him weekly since due to my 25 year business relationship with him. If SCCA decides not to go there they will still survive. The bottom line is LRP has a long-time SCCA history and as a driver I would want to race at a place where there is history and where great drivers were part of. Look at Topeka, here and gone regarding SCCA. Everyone complains about LRP but all of us still come back regardless of price and the car counts are still strong there.

Read the replies about workers. All these tracks are great and all I am saying is they better have deep pockets to survive and the regions better start to think about workers and the growth of our membership to support all these great venues. To hold an event you need paying drivers and the support groups including workers, timing and scoring and stewards. Look at the problems all regions are having trying to get timing and scoring people now and we really want to tackle more tracks. Think about what we wish for???? Show me one timing and scoring chief under the age of 56. Do we have a plan for recruitment. Lately if Linda Louie can not do the job we have to hire someone from Finger Lakes or Ohio and these are great people and over 60 years old. Everbody depends on Linda, I have known her since college years ago and say something happens to her or she is sick or burnt out what do we do. We have similiar problems in this club and I strongly feel we need to lessen some events for 2010, come up with a 5 year plan and then move forward. You guys know I all for the drivers but since I am on a board I see both sides of the fence and the "GRASS IS NOT SO GREEN ON ONE SIDE". Go for it!
    Last edited by Robert Zecca; 08-19-2009 at 09:57 AM.