Quote Originally Posted by veeman View Post
Can anyone summarize the new clarification on the ECU rule for IT cars or point me to the discussions here in these forums? I just looked for a while in the archives and can't find the info.

I was talking with some other IT racers and thought I heard that it's possible to run Megasquirt on some IT VW's...

This would make sense for ITB Golf's/Jetta's that could run electronic injectors because of the Digi allowance (some of those came with digi and vin rule allows cross-pollenization), but from what I read it wouldn't apply to ITC rabbits / rocco's since they always had purely mechanical injectors (plain Jane CIS). Is that right?

I could get by using the hall distributor for ignition signal, however, another recent post (concerning a BMW) here seemed to indicate that since pulley's are free, a toothed wheel could be added.

I've got some experience with 034 EFI (somewhat like Megasquirt) and think there would be some reliability / simplicity advantages to switching from CIS.
No rabbits or roccos in IT period. Only the golf and jetta had Digi.
You can absolutely use the stock hall sensor with Megasquirt. There are several advantages to megasuirt, 1: better power 2: better fuel economy (yes on a race car!)
3: reliabilty 4: adjustability 5: inexpensive (I do installs with tuning and all parts for about the same price as a plug and play that is a megasquirt variant (just the hardware)