Registration is now OPEN

Hmmm, I guess I missed something... Is it really the pro course both days?
And if so, for what possible reason?
And how about lets not do that.

Hmmm, I guess I missed something... Is it really the pro course both days? And if so, for what possible reason? And how about lets not do that.
Dude, you're like two years too late...it was decided after the first event in 2007 - when, prior to that event, there was a large contingent asking to run the pro course instead - that it would alternate years.

See you next year, I hope...

Aaron,

Yes its Pro course both days. Also for the test and tune on Friday night. The reason was that the out of town ( long tow) folks desired a chance to run the "pro" course. So the Cincinnati Race Committee decided to start alternating the format. Odd years pro, Even years club. Nothing more than that.

Todd

Aaron,

Yes its Pro course both days. Also for the test and tune on Friday night. The reason was that the out of town ( long tow) folks desired a chance to run the "pro" course. So the Cincinnati Race Committee decided to start alternating the format. Odd years pro, Even years club. Nothing more than that.

Todd

In this way we can compare our lap times against the Indy cars that will be racing M-O the following weekend....:D

This is for those who haven't been on the RRAX forum. There is talk that ITC may move from Group 1 to Group 5 with the ITR's and STU's. I'm fine with it. Sucks a little for loading up and getting out, but it'll be easier on track getting past by a couple ITR's than a freighttrain of A's.

This is for those who haven't been on the RRAX forum. There is talk that ITC may move from Group 1 to Group 5 with the ITR's and STU's. I'm fine with it. Sucks a little for loading up and getting out, but it'll be easier on track getting past by a couple ITR's than a freighttrain of A's.

Now that your up to 14 ITC cars you guys may be the freight train. :happy204:

You know Id let you pass....lol.

One very good reason is the track is a better race track with the longer straight. In the club configuration, it's more of a lapping track.

Having that straight be that much longer facilitates passes set up out of turn 1. I know I had passes set up, and was 1/3 alongside cars on multiple occasions that couldn't be completed going into the chicane thing there a half dozen times. Having just 300 feet more track would have been sweet.

Since racing is what we're there to do, it makes sense to add a possible passing section.

One very good reason is the track is a better race track with the longer straight. In the club configuration, it's more of a lapping track.

Having that straight be that much longer facilitates passes set up out of turn 1. I know I had passes set up, and was 1/3 alongside cars on multiple occasions that couldn't be completed going into the chicane thing there a half dozen times. Having just 300 feet more track would have been sweet.

Since racing is what we're there to do, it makes sense to add a possible passing section.

I think that works in a spec class and probably does make for better racing. In IT though it's a clear advantage for cars with hp verses handling. Oh well, I'll just have to block..er I mean brake really hard there.:)

Are you trying to say that you think the Ford Pinto is a handling car in ITB?:o

Kevin - have you seen the "Pinto boys" race? if the car isnt a handling car....they'll just make them handle. LMAO.
up and over curbs, sideways thru the grass, giving an occasional "chrome horn"
they do it all, and they are fun to watch.
or as I like to call them, the evil Pinto's!!! AHHH!:blink:

Back