As usual, lots of ups an downs this weekend. Saturday was quite exhausting as I was constantly running around working on the car and when I had a free moment, I tried to help Melissa with our 1.5 year old son. The brakes didn’t feel right during the session, so Stephen helped me bleed them and suggested I changed the brake pads. (Thank you Stephen!!!) I had inspected the front pads and had plenty on the outer pad and thought there was enough on the inside, but was I ever wrong. Went out on the new pads that were previously bedded in, but as Stephen’s video shows in the Pro IT qualifying the brakes still didn’t feel right. Then I began feeling the rear tire having issues, pitted in and torqued the lug nuts again. I had a wheel lug snap in the morning and replaced three of the lugs – it’s possible one didn’t get “pressed in” well enough. Went back out but the brakes still didn’t feel good. Then I started to experience fuel starvation. As I went back to the paddock yet again, I could just picture Jake Gulick laughing his butt off at me. Before the session, he asked if I ensured I had enough fuel. Oh yeah, I added extra for this session. Evidently I was wrong. So two trips into the paddock and no crew.

During the qual race, I hit the tire wall coming onto the main straight but was extremely lucky and kept going. I so thought I was going to get sucked into it and spit out across the track. I’m quite thankful that all I need to replace is the front bumper, fender, mirror, and grill. Much better than it could have been. I kept on going and won the qual. race although Ken Hubbard was coming up through the pack fast. After the session Jake helped me bleed the brakes one more time. Crazy Joe came over and surprised me with news I broke the track record. Nice! Although I knew Ken would break it again as he had a much faster time during the PRO IT qual.

On Sunday during the Pro IT, I got killed during the start and found myself behind three SSM Miata while watching Ken & Stephen drive off into the distance. For the life of me I couldn’t get in front of the Miatas which was beyond frustrating. Michael Reece who was the closest ITB car had a mechanical issue, and I knew Ken and Stephen way up front while I was still behind the Miata group. I decided to be smart and not do anything stupid – use this as a learning opportunity to try different lines. I learned a ton during that session and some of what I thought was the fasted way though wasn’t and vice versa. Now I just needed to put it all together. In actuality getting stuck behind the group turned out being a good thing for me to truly learn to drive the track. And yes, Ken won the PRO IT race while braking the track record again. Nice job! Stephen met his goal of kicking my butt with his pretty new painted Audi, which I didn’t enjoy as much as he did.

For the afternoon regional race I started on ITB pole and fourth overall. The brakes now felt good, the driver felt much, much better, and if I didn’t kill the start wouldn’t have the same Miata issues as in the PRO IT race. Got behind the second place SSM car and made it clear I wasn’t racing him and wanted to work together. Not long after we placed a decent gap on the fourth place car. Craig made a mistake into turn one, and I couldn’t stay behind him. A part of me wanted to try to run down the first place car and go for the overall win. I didn’t feel right about that and communicated to Craig I’d let him by at the right time. About a lap later I was able to let him buy and we continued working together. I had an absolute blast working with him and wanted to see him win where I’d be given half of the trophy. Lol Although he was right on the leader he couldn’t get bye. Now that was a fun race and I finally felt good behind the wheel and got a nice surprise beyond the win. I know Greg, seat time. J

I owe an enormous amount of thanks to Kessler Engineering (Matt Kessler) for all he’s done to the car and myself. The Kessler Engineering group had a great weekend. Jake Gulick also deserves a keg of beer of his choice for all the help during the weekend. It’s too bad you had such a tough weekend. Also thanks Greg and Andy for the advice, it helped!

Crazy Joe had quite a race starting from DFL and worked his way up to 5th (I think). Given a few more laps and it would have gotten even more interesting. Nice job with your win in PRO IT.

I could go on more but you're already sick of reading all this.