A Tricked Out Open Race Trailer

Ron: Nifty trailer. You haven't missed anything that needs to be there.

But your comment about the '900 pds of spares' for the Z-car really got me.
After running 280Z's for years in the 12 hour enduro races I finally got a Miata.
First thing I noticed was that I was going to the track minus about a thousand pounds of car parts.
I still miss racing the Z, but I don't miss rounding up and transporting all the spares.
Best regards Bill Miskoe

Ron: Nifty trailer. You haven't missed anything that needs to be there.

But your comment about the '900 pds of spares' for the Z-car really got me.
After running 280Z's for years in the 12 hour enduro races I finally got a Miata.

What did you guys do about brakes??? We've been running Miatas in the VIR 13 hr for I guess five years now. New pads and you're good. But a Z? That would require some stock in Carbotech and Oompa-Loompas for brake changing.

That is truly bad ass.

I do have to ask one question, what is the tongue weight on that thing? I thought "I" overloaded my tongue. :o

What did you guys do about brakes??? We've been running Miatas in the VIR 13 hr for I guess five years now. New pads and you're good. But a Z? That would require some stock in Carbotech and Oompa-Loompas for brake changing.

Both times Guy, Greg, & Charles ran the 12hrs of Homestead in Guy's Z we only went through two sets of pads (changed just after the 6hr mark), and had to change drums around the 8 hr mark. The first year they ran though we found out what happens when you try to get one more stop out of a set of pads on a z. Not pretty, but it livens up the pitstops.

Tongue weight is damn high. Must have airbags and load levelers.

Here are more pictures as promised.

t1.jpg

t2.jpg

t3.jpg

t4.jpg

Back