Quote Originally Posted by shwah View Post
Um. Hoping you guys know each other and that is tongue in cheek...

If you must have information RIGHT now. The search will be your best friend.

Let me preface my answers with the fact that I am not a BMW guru by any stretch.
You have to use the stock arm.
You can use eccentric bushings, if that helps in this situation.
The best answer for software on any computer controlled motor is going to be a custom tune, whether via custom burned chip, or stand alone programmable engine management computer.
My experience with the M42 powered E30 318is is that the motors don't leave a ton on the table from BMW. Swapping in a BMP intake netted 5% (~5hp) on a Dynapac dyno - it also improved the torque 'valley' at 3000rpm. Adding a Racing Dynamics chip netted a 12% gain over baseline (w/chip and intake). Adding a Supersprint exhaust to the mix only provided an additional 2%, so 14% gained from stock on a 6 figure mileage stock motor.

So my take is that bolt ons have limited effectiveness, and to build a really competitive one you would likely need to do a full build motor - .040 over, balanced, + .5 compression, blueprinted, custom tuning, custom intake/exhaust lengths.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, it does. I don't see a 14% increase as that bad. It may not gain as much as some of the other platforms, but is seems acceptable. I will probably run different engine management and tweak it to the grenade point. I have plenty of spare motors.

Oh, and I do know Troy, though he may not claim the same in public.

Was that intake the multi-throttle, because that wouldn't be legal?