I'd be a bit concerned letting (hell, even encouraging) someone enter an enduro on a Novice Permit. Yeah, I'm all over the "but it's only 1-2-3 races of experience difference" argument; hell, I think I even invented that debate. But while it's only 1, 2, 3 races differences, it's those first few critical races on the extremely steep part of the learning curve. Dropping someone with minimal competition experience into an environment totally foreign to what you get in a regular SCCA school or sprint weekend is probably not a good thing.

And, to be consistent, I'm also not happy with allowing Novice Permits into key high-vis, high-stress races such as the ARRC and IT*Fest. And this, coming from someone whose first race back after 9 years was the OMP Challenge at LRP...

Endurance racing is a whole 'nother animal, one that requires a totally different set of skills, themselves dependent on basic experiences/assumptions. I understand your frustration, Raymond, but I personally have to agree with the decision. And I suspect if you really think about it objectively, you would too... - GA