Quote Originally Posted by mlytle View Post
marrs did have this combo before and it worked fine. its cars should corner FASTER than ITB cars.
1. NO it didn't. The grouping killed ITC in this region.
2. It doesn't matter what the cars are capable of doing. What matters is what they actually do which, in 2008, was drive at mid-pack ITA speeds. Based on 2009 laptimes, one-third are now ITB cars.

there is no perfect match of classes, everything is about compromise. this combo is far better/safer than what was being done...ITS running with GT1/GTA/AS.

good move....if i do say so myself.
A major reason ITS was put in Big Bore was because it was the group where ITS had the least potential to do damage to anyone else. They earned a grouping with Big Bore.

Based on the 2008 ITS performance, there was a failure to appreciate the courtesy required in multi-class racing. They interposed themselves in non-ITS battles for position; they used their greater HP to walk away from so-called slower cars at the start and and then parked their cars in the corners, holding up the so-called slower cars.

The Big Bore cars don't have that problem. They have the legs and the cornering to get by the situationally impaired.

As it stands now, based on fast lap times from the 3 Summit Point MARRS events, there's going to be DFL ITS cars right in the middle both the ITB class fight and the second pack of ITB cars.

Great job guys.

notice we didn't move ITR into the group. left them(me) in Big Bore.
Which is a class that I don't think anyone would have a problem running with.