Thread: New to Racing need help with suspension Ideas.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default more help

Are there any books or anything to go by too? I do not know much about the theory behind it and hopefully I can get everything set at a good starting point.
    thanks again,
    charlie

P.S. the car is second gen and I will be racing ITS.
    CIII

Thanks for the nod Travis, but I know very little about Gen 2 7's. I told Charlie about as much as I could when we put the cage in. Basically it was that he wouldn't go wrong with Koni's if a set came along

He's going to have to go through every square inch of the suspension/brakes/bearings though. The car has sat out in the elements since around 01.
    Scott Rhea
    Izzy's Custom Cages
    It's not what you build... It's how you build it
    Performance Driven LLC
    Neon Racing Springs

i was thinking it was a first gen.....

but yeah, "can't go wrong with koni" is pretty much right. they're on my car.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Take a look at www.awrracing.com, they offer the best of everything, but prefer Bilsteins over Koni. Consider double adjustable Koni's, check with Flatout.

Alot of the Mazdaspeed parts are sold by other companies such as AWR, and on the flip side alot of parts Mazdaspeed sells are made by other companies such as AWR.

You obviously need to take a look at what you want to do with bushings on the car (bearing, Delrin, poly), some way to adjust camber, coil overs, etc.

Here's a thought... the single adjustable rod for camber in the rear between the subframe and chassis as well as the individual camber adjusters between the control arm and subframe are not legal but *most* run them... have not seen a legal way to adjust rear camber.
    Mark B. - Dallas, TX
    #76 RX-7 2nd Gen
    SCCA EP
    Former ITS, ITE, NASA PT

cherbi7,
    I emailed you, email me at [email protected] I have a lot of very good to exellent unused suspension pieces including Bislteins.

matt

Tried to contact you Matt kept getting my emails back though.
    Thanks
    Charlie
    [email protected]
    CIII