Hi everyone!

I'm Dave Heinz, I was driving the McB Autosport Mazda RX7 in the double regional. I'm new to the game of club racing, although last season I ran the SCCA Pro Racing Volkswagen Jetta TDI Cup. I had a great weekend racing with you all; the racing was great and my McB Autosport crew couldn't have been better.

It was my first time in the car and on the track, and I managed to turn a 1:07.9, which I was very pleased with. I finished second in both of the races, to one of the board members here. He can attest to taking the lead from me in the last corner of the last lap in the second race.

I also had a great race with an ITE Firebird. Not sure if he is on the board or not, but we went back and forth for a few laps while I desperately tried to get around him to pursue the TeamDI 240z that was rapidly pulling away! Thanks for the clean, fair racing, it was a blast!

I shot some video with my new HD camera setup, Traqmate and Dashware overlay... I'll leave you with some footage of the Firebird battle. As you can see, it was all good, clean fun (although I nearly crapped myself when the Firebird hit the brakes across turn 8!). Any comments/criticisms are more than welcome. Anyways, I thought that I'd pop in and introduce myself, I'll see you all at the track hopefully soon!

Edit: Well, it appears that I can't post the video link... go to Vimeo (Vimeo dot com) and enter "Beaverun Firebird" into the search box and the video will be the only result.