If you were king for a day?

ekim952522000

OK guys we have been having a lot of deep rules discussion lately I was thinking it would be fun to list what would you do to the IT rules if you could write new IT rules again today.

keep in mind this is just for fun I am just curious as to what everyone would do I know 99% of these changes could never be made do to the high cost of the change and have come to accept them as part of IT.

If it were me I would...

Not allow splitters

Not allow spherical bearings

Allow any shock with 2 external adjustments

Allow the removal of cruise control.

Allow any unused wiring to be removed

Allow any size wheel in all classes width or diameter
(this would allow one wheel rule for all classes)

Allow anything stock to stay this would include ABS/TC

Include AWD cars

What would you do?

<--Hopes this thread can stay light hearted. :)

...Hopes this thread can stay light hearted. :)

Whaddya mean, "IF" I were king...?

Bwah-hah-haaaah!

burger-king.jpg

K

Start a marketing campaign to increase interest and car counts in IT. I am seriously surprised at how many people I encounter that are involved in club racing and/or DE events that don't know about or don't understand IT racing. It is one of the most affordable and enjoyable options out there.

I really like IT, but it does suck to be in a "National Centric" division, and race against 1-3 other guys all season. IT Fest and ARRC are so nice that way. More competitors, and the best ones you can find.

Oh - and add 200# to every IT racer that writes and publishes a book.

If I were a king I would. force the implementation of using the area under the curve for both torque and horsepower for classifying cars.

I don't care ghow you do it.. just make it happen.; or off with your head!

Ohh and while your at it throw a coulpe lbs. on those pesky miatas.. (creepy laugh)

If you were king for a day?

I'd get rid of all the CZAR'S that the president appointed! This isn't Russia!!!!!
Back to your normally schedule programming.............

Have the details of the Process included in the spec line for each car.

Cripe all this talk about washer bottles on every other "what about..." thread and no one says it here. You guys are slacking.

> Go back to stock, unmodified ECUs OR full aftermarket with whatever sensors you want with free intake (i.e. remove MAF). No point in doing it half way.
> Allow the cage to be attached to as many points as you damn well please
> Allow unused wiring to be removed

I guess I don't have much to complain about. Hmm. Thats not bad.

...and Dave G. as your food taster.

Seriously - I'd make the SPEED Touring series for ITA-spec cars that are too new to be Regional IT eligible. And make it a National class to boot.

K

I'd strike rules that required significant fabrication (outside safety equipment) for the vast majority of cars (e.g., sphericals, splitters), and I'd allow additional mods for commonly-available bolt-on parts (e.g., motor mount inserts, short shifters).

And, just for the hell of it, I'd allow removal of the washer bottle. Hey, I'm the king, go pound sand. - GA

Anybody who knows me will remember my moan about triangulated strut tower braces.

As King, I decree that you may now attach little thingy bars from your stayrod over to your engine cowl....and immediately proceed to go to town with the resulting suspension upgrades! :D

Last edited:
I would have used ITR as a blank sheet to try some steps forward. These suggestions are ITR specific:

1. Leave ABS as almost every car classed came with it.
2. Every ITR car would get max 18" wheel.
3. Any shock with 2 external adjustments.
4. Use real HP and Torque numbers (yes they do exist) and publish them from multiple sources so all know what was used for classing and the math used==total transparency. If they are wrong someone will tell you and be asked to prove it.
5. Let all cars remove power steering and loop the rack (hp loss is not figured into formula)
6. What the devil is cruise control doing on a race car anyway?

Ducking now!!!

...and Dave G. as your food taster.

Seriously - I'd make the SPEED Touring series for ITA-spec cars that are too new to be Regional IT eligible. And make it a National class to boot.

K

This Idea I LOVE! If you did this with ITR instead of ITA you wouldn't really have to change the cars that are already running 328, TSX, etc.

Last edited:
I would have used ITR as a blank sheet to try some steps forward. These suggestions are ITR specific:

1. Leave ABS as almost every car classed came with it.
2. Every ITR car would get max 18" wheel.
3. Any shock with 2 external adjustments.
4. Use real HP and Torque numbers (yes they do exist) and publish them from multiple sources so all know what was used for classing and the math used==total transparency. If they are wrong someone will tell you and be asked to prove it.
5. Let all cars remove power steering and loop the rack (hp loss is not figured into formula)
6. What the devil is cruise control doing on a race car anyway?

Ducking now!!!

Have you ever heard of open road racing in nevada were depending on safety equipment they give you a target speed to maintain for the whole 90 mile run. It is done on closed public highways and your goal is to stay as close to the target speed as possible like say 150mph. I bet cruise control would be nice for that. :D

http://www.openroadracing.com/index.html

Last edited:
Back