View Poll Results: What are your thoughts in wheel widths in ITB and ITC?

Voters
124. You may not vote on this poll
  • Leave rule as-is.

46 37.10%
  • Allow OEM wheels (even if wider than 6")

13 10.48%
  • Allow stock-SIZED wheels (even if wider than 6")

11 8.87%
  • Move ITC and ITB to 7" width

45 36.29%
  • Open up IT to any wheel size (that fits within fender rules)

19 15.32%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Wheel width, ITB, again

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

since the topic was about ITB and then the conversation swapped over to the beetle came up in ITC.. my solutions was only for ITB/ITC

I would leave the rule as it states for all classes C->R, but allow cars to run stock wheels, not stock sized. This way it may equal it out. It will give you the option of running lighter wheels with a smaller width, or heavier stock wheels that the car came with.

Especially in the lower level cars wheel weight may cancel the effect of the the higher cross-section.. also if Wombat GT gets classed for ITB that came stock with 8" wheels from the factory I would imagine that.

a. the car was designed to be on performace tires, hence the width

b. and since it is a performance themed vehicle, and is requested to be classed in ITB, and new cars are heaveir then heck already, but they come with more hp stock and bigger wheels.

It is too hard to come up with a definete long term solution.. there are too many variables, and frankly I don't know how the ITAC makes decsions like this, especially knowing that someone is going to be upset with you no matter which way you choose.

personally if I choose to build a car in a class that wheel options were limited (whcih I kind of am.. bolt pattersn are no problem.. but all I can find are wheels for FWD offsets, so I have to run a bunch of spacers jsut to get it back to stock) I would just get some custom steel wheels built. they may not look as cool, but hey are relatively cheap and have any offset, diameter, width, and bolt pattern you are looking for.
    Last edited by quadzjr; 06-09-2009 at 03:55 PM.
    Track Speed Motorsports
    http://www.trackspeedmotorsports.com/

Steven Ulbrik (engineer/crew/driver)
    [email protected]