Quote Originally Posted by downingracing View Post
This is a restricted regoinal with only a few 'regional' classes invited. I'm sorry you don't agree with the decisions that were made about what classes to allow. Being a restricted regional - there will always be 'some' regoinal classes/drivers left out.

Car counts down everywhere? Care to provide any backup to that statement? The car counts I've been tracking have been on-track with last year and some have been higher. This is a national race weekend and a restricted regional was added when the run-offs moved from Mid-Ohio. OVR is doing everything they can to ensure that the races run at Mid-Ohio are a success.

Sorry you will miss out on 2 of the best race weekends in the country at one of the premier race facilities because of a RESTRICTED REGIONAL that your class wasn't included in. OVR picked up another race weekend to allow regional drivers another chance to race at this great facility. The Glen is a great facility and the regions up there put on top-notch events as well - I'm sure you will have a blast running there.
ITR IS an accepted IT class and in my mind SHOULD be included. Matt Miller (#7 ITS RX7, Mahoning Valley Region) made valid arguments for inclusion and I'm NOT going to repeat them here.

Okay, maybe in your case the upcoming weekend at M-O will be a success, and I wish you well. But still, wouldn't you like the money that perhaps 3-4 ITR cars will bring? Wouldn't that be over a grand??? Who doesn't want a grand??? And wouldn't some of that money offset any possible shortfalls that may occur with the staging of the fall races??

I'll go to the Glen regardless. But this bull about no ITR at the May M-O races for THREE YEARS NOW doesn't help whet my appetite to go back there with OVR.