For some reason I seem to remember the carbed head being leaner on 1 and 4 than 2 and 3... but I might have it backwards.

R2 is right about plugs, and you may already know this. When it comes to off the shelf plugs, there probably isn't anything finer than an NGK product... plain and simple. Don't waist your time on Bosch... their plugs are outright crap. It's not hard to pick the cars out that are using them at the track.

I don't know how long you've been driving an EW Honda, but you also want to check out the carb and the issolator plate. Make sure you don't have any vac leaks anywhere. How is the carb jetted?

Fuel pressures?

How old are your plug wires? You can spend a lot of money on those too, but again, the NGK wires seem to perform just as well as a high dollar set.

Yes it's possible that you could damaged a piston, but probably not likely. If your concerned, find someone with a boroscope and take a look inside the head. Another option would be to take the car to a dyno... expensive, but cheaper than hauling it to the track, only to be disappointed and damge the car more.

Lastly, if you need a few spares, let me know. I have a race head, carb and some other goodies that I need to get out of my way.

hoop