10 or 15 years ago one of the Honda BTTC teams acheived 50/50 on their car. They then put more weight on the front because it was slower. I agree that we all have too much weight on the front. I just don't think the solution is the put weight in the very back. We cannot achieve a very desireable distribution in our class, we can't really put much of a dent in it, so I focus on lower CG instead. There are very heavy things that we can put where we want - on the floor. Driver, ballast, fire system, cool suit system. That is what I place my focus on.

It probably matters how the rest of your car is set up. Take enough rear brake away and the car is plenty stable under braking. Run a locker diff and it will go where you point it with throttle. If you are not set up that way, or don't drive that way you might want different weight distribution.

I personally put a lot of value on being able to catch the car if needed, and extra weight behind the rear axle will have the wrong effect on that attribute.