I actually think regions should do more to encourage double dipping. I think that we should always consider combining groups based on car counts 1 week prior to the race and post changes on the website where you register, and we should look at the run order that allows for the most double dipping possible.

I also think the best way to encourage double dipping is by having lower entry fees for the second or even third run group you race in. If the groups are not already full then the lower entry fee is not a loss and purly a gain in revenue. I have been saying this for years but no-one agrees with me, all they see is lost $$ with lower entry fees. Below is a "structure" or plan that I would use and or try if a region was having lower car counts.

1st entry fee = $300
2nd entry fee = $150
3rd Entry fee = $150

I know it is a steep decline in price BUT not many are double dipping as it is. Now there is a "catch" for the entrants.

You must pick which race group counts as your "1st entry" because...
In the event that the Run Group of your 2nd Entry or 3rd Entry fills up you will no longer be allowed to run in that group. If you check this box (and have a box next to this disclaimer on the entry form) when the Run Group is full we will charge you the full entry fee for that run group and reserve your pre-entry. In the event that a run group is oversubscribed and you do not agree to pay the full entry fee your pre-entry will be removed.

Just my .02 cents!
Stephen

See you at POCONO!