[QUOTE=lateapex911;286631]
i agree with Dick and Andy, the test/race deal is a good one. The test day is cheaper than Lime Rock charges, will be run better, and will be longer. Trust me on this if you've never tested at Lime Rock. AND, you won't have to schlep the trailer home Tuesday night, just to schlep back Friday night.

More convenient, more track time, less towing costs and cheaper = winner.

[QUOTE]

I 100% agree with that! I hated towing back and fourth with a 3.5HR 1 way trip to do a test day! I am still a bit suprised at the 2 day cost, although I agree you probably will get much more track time due to only 4 run groups. Not going back and reading the supps I would assume at least 4 20min. sessions, instead of just the 2 18min. ones we normally would get.

I certainly support the "out of box" creative ideas that the regions are trying so that we can continue to have and support LRP SCCA events. I will unfourtunatly not be able to support you financially by attending any events other than the PRO-IT as it is simply beyond my budget and I can't justify the cost to my wife, or myself. In reality if I was just going racing for a weekend I would trade this race for a race at the glen, summmit, or VIR. The cost in the end is still similar with the extra towing costs, and a little less track time. Again at no fault of the region, I understand the risk and cost to run the event at LRP. I just don't see anything that makes LRP more attractive other than the commute for me.

Admitaly as an outsider and someone that is not "in the business" (I am only a consumer, which like all consumers makes me think I know what is best ) I don't understand the concept that LRP is trying to achieve. I do not think that the smaller clubs and limited pro-events will support the track long term with other venues slowly popping up. But again I am only a consumer and in the end I have no idea how to "run/Manage" a successfull track.

I wish LRP the best and just to clarify... Thanks for pointing out the justification and idea behind the $515 entry fee. I support the regions for their efforts a I personally would not be upset if we limited the SCCA events to 1 race per year just so I can get my yearly LRP addiction taken care of!

Stephen