Quote Originally Posted by CRallo View Post
officially...
But we can only use "officially" in our ITCS listings. It's a first principle that is pretty sacred - no homologation special options, no back-door motorsports specials, etc.

Is anyone willing to take a minute or two and explain this to me? Pardon any ignorance on my part, I am very new to this. ...
Torque (all of the "adder" factors, really) is always considered relative to other cars in a given class, since the classes as groups of cars tend to be different from one-another. For example, we can consider "brakes" as a factor but only to the degree that they are substantially bigger than other cars in the class of interest. Torque in ITR was a pretty short conversation because we basically had very low (the S2000 and RX8), very high (with the addition of the V8s) and "everything else." I'm overstating the simplicity of this but that's sufficient for this conversation, probably.

Assumptions, practices, procedures, and "the Process" that works for ITR make a dog's breakfast of classifications/specifications for ITC.

On the other hand, the torque question is very much more subtle and complex for ITA. We think it still makes a difference, particularly with some wingers like the e30 325e, but we haven't committed to paper precisely HOW or HOW MUCH difference. Ditto - albeit to a lesser degree - in ITB. Torque in ITC kind of peters out to a non issue, just because of the nature of the cars listed.

Ultimately, we have to prescribe how much, when, based on what triggers, etc. we apply these considerations; document them so we do it the same over and over again; and add it to the list of stuff we are now archiving for future ITACs. We are TRYING to build a system that will help IT continue to be the good things it is, without getting sucked into traps that have befallen other categories.

Oh, yeah - and we need to come to some kind of consensus on each of these steps. I was told today that the Declaration of Independence went from the first draft ready to congress, through ratification, printing, and distribution in less than a week...

Hope that answers more questions than it creates.

K