Quote Originally Posted by Ron Earp View Post
Just run the seat. I bought a second seat along the same lines as you did. I'm sure my fellow competitors are not going to care if I have an extra race seat and harness in the car - just so long as I meet the minimum weight requirements. I'm sure some clever fabricators could find a way to use the second seat to an advantage - but I'm not one of them. If you have it bolted in so it's safe, no other mods, I'm sure you'll be just fine.

+2 I ran a passenger seat for two years I think???? I loved giving people rides, it was probably more fun than the racing... I even took the car Ice Racing and gave people rides

I wouldn't change the rule though, as people unfortunatly will take advantage of it.

If you were protested, this clearly would not be a safety item or give you an advantage, so as long as you had the seat installed for no other purpose than I don't think any reasonable steward would give you any penalty other than to remove it before next race. As mentioned, this is if you were to even run across someone as selfesh as that to protest you in the first place.

Just my opinion...

Raymond