Quote Originally Posted by dspillrat View Post
I to would like to invest in a couple sets of wheels......I havn't yet "upgraded to the 15 inch wheel....that we are allowed now. I would be interested in 10 poundish wheels..... We pay what?....750 for a new set of hoosiers?...for a weekend or two of use......wheels are for ever, well sorta if you can keep from rubbing on stuff... $2000- even 3000 for a set of wheels, really is cheaper then a new set of hoosiers.... My set off panis have lasted several years now.....

Love to hear of options ...
David
David... I went through the same process when I went to the 15's. First I talked to the Hoosier guys and they said there was very little reason to change from a tire standpoint. The only "upgrade" was to brake cooling. Just a little bit more room for airflow, especially at tracks like CMP. But for me the necessity came from the fact that my 14's were heavy and worn out. I needed new wheels anyway so I went for it.

The really hard part comes in finding a wheel with the right offset. The Panasports are great but they are heavy (by comparison). There are a lot of other wheels, SSR, Kosei, etc. but they are all offset too much requiring a thick spacer. I felt like that defeated the purpose of finding a light weight wheel.

Then I came across the Spinwerkes wheels and problem solved. You can get them for less than $200 each and they weigh around 12 pounds. If you are really determined to get down to 10 lbs each you will pay about double. (Volks come to mind, and you will probably wait forever to get them shipped).

I don't know much about the Team Dynamics but it might be worth the effort. Let us know!